The Tennessee Department of Agriculture (TDA) has contracted with EverBlue to provide certification testing for all pesticide certification categories. This new arrangement offers completely remote testing from your location. Registration for testing is still $25 per certification category and once someone has registered for a test, they have 30 days to access it.
You can also find the registration link by searching TDA’s website and using the keyword “Pesticide Forms” and then click “Application to Take the Certification Exam”
NOTE: when selecting the certification category at the EverBlue site, the test ”ID” does not match up with the certification category.
Once you pay for the test, an email is sent with a receipt of payment and another email that includes the EverBlue login credentials, which are needed to test.
Here are some requirements to use the remote testing:
- An actual computer or laptop are required to take the exams, cell phones and tablets are not allowed.
- A working webcam and microphone are required on your laptop/computer.
- You must use Google Chrome and download and install the Proctorio Extension – more instructions on how to do this are on the Everblue website!
- Government issued photo ID must be shown on your webcam prior to taking the exam.
- You must be alone during the exam. A room scan is required before the exam to get a full view of the room. If the Proctorio Extension hears noises, it may ask for a room scan during the exam!
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to see more detailed instructions. A 10 minute instructional video is required to be watched before the exam begins. The video also goes over important instructions and shows exactly what the exam will look like.
Occasionally, the PSEP program has arranged special training sessions to companies that have contacted the office. If your company needs training for category 3, 6, 7, LHA, or 10, the PSEP office may be able to provide training followed by testing. Please contact the PSEP office to schedule a training and/or testing event at 865-974-1286.